- Patients are able to identify and participate in infection prevention measures.
- Showed no signs of infection and wound healing normally takes place.
- Wash hands before taking action. Visitors are also encouraged to do the same.
- Maintain a good personal hygine
- Monitor the temperature
- Examine all the systems to look for signs of infection
- Avoid / limit invasive procedures and maintain aseptic procedures
- Give antibiotics when indicated.
2. Nursing Diagnosis for Bladder Cancer: Risk for Sexual Dysfunction related to deficit of knowledge / skills about alternative responses to health transition, decreased function / structure, the effects of treatment.
- Patients may express its understanding of the effects of cancer and treatment on sexuality.
- Maintaining sexual activity within your limits
- Discuss with patients and families about sexuality and the reaction process and its relationship with disease
- Give advise on the effect of treatment on sexuality
- Give privacy to the patient and her partner. Knock before entering.
3. Nursing Diagnosis for Bladder Cancer: Risk for Impaired Skin Integrity related to the effects of radiation and chemotherapy, immunologic deficits, decreased nutrient intake and anemia.
- Patients can identify interventions related to specific conditions
- Participate in the prevention of complications and accelerated healing
- Assess the integrity of the skin to see any side effects of cancer therapy, wound healing observed.
- Instruct patient not to scratch the itch
- Change the position of the patient on a regular basis
- Give advise patients to avoid the use of skin creams, oils, powders without medical advice