The absence or lack of cognitive information, with respect to the specific topic.
- verbalization of the problem,
- follow the instructions inaccuracies,
- inappropriate behavior.
- cognitive limitations,
- interpretation of the information is wrong,
- lack of desire to seek information,
- do not know the sources of information.
NOC - Deficient Knowledge of COPD:
- Kowlwdge: Disease process
- Kowledge: Health behavior
Expected Result :
- Patients and families expressed an understanding of the disease, condition, prognosis and treatment programs
- Patients and families are able to carry out procedures correctly explained
- Patients and families are able to explain again what is described nurse / other health care team.
NIC - Deficient Knowledge related to COPD :
• Teaching: Disease Process
- Give an assessment of the patient's level of knowledge about specific disease processes
- Describe the pathophysiology of the disease and how this relates to the anatomy and physiology, in a proper way.
- Describe the signs and symptoms usually appear on the disease, in an appropriate manner
- Describe the disease process, in an appropriate manner
- Identification of possible causes, in a proper way
- Provide information to patients about the condition, in a proper way
- Avoid a hopeless
- Provide information to families about the progress of patients in an appropriate manner
- Discuss lifestyle changes that may be necessary to prevent complications in the future or control the disease
- Discuss the choice of therapy or treatment
- Support the patient to explore or get a second opinion in a proper way or the indicated
- Exploration of possible sources or support, in a proper way
- Refer patients to the group or agency in the local community, in an appropriate manner
- Instruct patients about the signs and symptoms to report on health care providers, in an appropriate manner.