Pain (acute / chronic) associated with inflammation or irritation of the gastric mucosa due to increased gastric acid.
Nursing Interventions for Pain - Gastritis:
- Assess the patient's general condition
- Assess vital signs
- Assess pain scale
- Provide a quiet environment and comfortable
- Teach relaxation techniques
2. Gastritis Nursing Diagnosis : Imbalanced Nutrition Less Than Body Requirements
Imbalanced Nutrition Less Than Body Requirements related to anorexia, vomiting, and irregularities in body perception.
Nursing Interventions for Imbalanced Nutrition Less Than Body Requirements - Gastritis
- Allow clients to choose foods (low-calorie foods are not allowed)
- Make mealtime structure with a time limit (eg 40 minutes)
- Eliminate distractions (eg conversation, watching television) during mealtimes
- Specify the time to eat, serve food, and eating time limit; inform the client that if the food is not eaten during the time that has been provided, will be the replacement of other feeding methods.
- When food is not eaten, do feeding through a tube, NGT to order in this state do not give offerings to the client.
- Perform a replacement feeding method each time the client refuses to eat by mouth.
- Keep your attention during the meal if the client refuses to eat.
- Client expressed understanding of nutritional needs.
- Receive adequate caloric intake to maintain normal body weight.
- Following the return of a normal diet.
3. Gartitis Nursing Diagnosis - Fluid Volume Deficit
Nursing Interventions for Fluid Volume Deficit - Gastritis
- Monitor input and output; keep records in the nurse's office, and observations with as simple as possible.
- Monitor the administration of fluids with electrolytes to order; accompany the client when the bath to prevent the emptying of intravenous fluids.
- Monitor vital signs as needed.
- Clients are required to demonstrate adequate hydration.
- Balance between input and output.
4. Gastritis Nursing Diagnosis - Knowledge Deficit
Knowledge deficit and information related to the conditions and lack of coping skills
Nursing Diagnosis for Knowledge deficit - Gastritis
- Guidelines emphasize nutrition and how to cope with a diet when away from home.
- Discuss with the client the importance of reviewing the needs of calories every 2 to 4 weeks.
- Encourage the use of stress management techniques.
- Increase peogram regular practice.
- Encourage follow-up care visits with physicians and counselors.
- Clients expressed the importance of lifestyle changes to maintain a normal weight.
- Clients seeking counseling resources to help make changes.
- Clients trying to maintain weight.