Sleep Disorders (Insomnia) is difficult to sleep or difficulty staying asleep, or sleep disorders that make people feel not enough sleep during waking.
Sleep disorders not only shows the indication of a mental disorder and that early, but it is a complaint of nearly 30% of patients who went to the doctor, due to:
- Extrinsic factors (external) eg less tranquil environment.
- Intrinsic factors, such as can be organic and psychogenic.
- Organic, for example: pain, itching and certain diseases that create anxiety.
- Psychogenic, eg depression, anxiety and irritability.
Causes of Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
Sleep disturbance is not a disease but a symptom that has many causes, such as emotional disorders, physical disorders and drug use. Trouble sleeping is often the case, either at a young age and old age, and often occur together with emotional disorders like anxiety, restlessness, depression or fear. Sometimes a person have trouble sleeping simply because the body and brain is tired. Pattern in the early morning wake up more often found in the elderly. Some people fall asleep normally but wake up several hours later and it is difficult to fall asleep again. Sometimes they sleep in a state of restless sleep and was not satisfied. Woke up at dawn, at any age, is a sign of depression. People who may have disturbed sleep patterns are reversed sleep rhythm, their sleep is not the time to sleep and wake up at bedtime.
In addition, the following behavior can also cause sleep disorders in some people:
- Lack of sleep hygiene in general (washing face, etc.?)
- Concerns can not sleep
- Excessive caffeine consumption
- Drinking alcohol before bed
- Smoke before bed
- Nap / afternoon excessive
- Schedule of sleep / wake irregularities
Symptoms of of Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
Patients find it difficult to sleep or lie awake at night and feel tired all day.
Sleep disorders can be experienced with various ways:
- difficult to sleep
- there is no problem to sleep, but had difficulty staying asleep (frequent waking)
- waking up too early
- difficulty concentrating
- It's hard to remember